Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I've put a spell on you...


It's true.

I can't spell.

I've been known to ask my kids how to spell such simple words, that they look at me aghast, after all they all know how intelligent their mother is! Words like independence, or is that independance, I'm never sure. To be honest, both look a little odd to me!

I still don't know the difference between the 'g' and 'z' in Hebrew. They are a mirror image of one another, and I get confused and have to cross reference (another one!) words in context, for certain identification. It's appalling really, or is that apalling, especially when reading aloud at the Passover Seder!

Now, of course there is spellcheck (spell-check?), but I am usually in too much of a hurry to concern myself with that.

And don't get me started on apostrophe's!

So, next time you come across one of my spelling errors, please just indulge me, I'm convinced it's a sign of genius!
xxx elle

No comments:

Post a Comment