Thursday, March 31, 2011

In a perfect world...


'You'll never find it.', I told Mr Nielson better known as Sid, somewhat wistfully.

Mr Nielson had just returned from a business trip, and was more then a  little weary after a long flight, when he discovered he had left his jacket in a trolley at the airport.

Not an expensive jacket you understand, but a favourite one. Just the perfect weight for a cool afternoon ride on Mr Nielson's Harley!

'I was thinking when I looked at the cleaner in the carpark, that she looked so forlorn I should give her a big tip, but then you called and I got distracted, and got into my car without thinking.', he told me seriously.

And before I knew it, Nr Nielson had resolved to make the fifteen minute drive back to the airport to retrieve his jacket.

Ridiculous! It's an airport for G-d's sake! It's late at night. It's Africa...

Of course, he was back less then an hour later with his favourite jacket, and some delicious treats from the Engen store!

And Priscilla the cleaning lady got the tip that was intended for her.

'That's why I left my jacket there,' Mr Nielson enlightened me, 'because Priscilla needed that money tonight'.

In a perfect world...

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love how the world works when we listen. What a fine example.

    ReplyDelete